Day 1 – Monday: A Foolproof Formula to Writing a Seductive Opening Paragraph
Your ideal reader is busy. We’re all distracted by emails, tweets, and Facebook updates. How can you tempt your reader to spend his precious time to read your post? And ignore his bleeping phone?
In today’s video you learn how to persuade your ideal reader your blog post is a must-read that’s written specifically for him. At the end of the video, you get a check list for writing your opening paragraphs.
Your action points for today:
- Watch the video (6min 30sec) below in which Henrietta turns her mediocre opening into a seductive opening
- Read the 5 examples of opening paragraphs in the PDF below; analyze how they follow the same structure as Henrietta’s opening paragraph
- You don’t need to post your findings, as the answers are in the PDF, too 🙂
- Optional: Read my analysis of one of Jon Morrow’s openings on Copyblogger – it follows the exact same pattern (this also refers to one of my Copyblogger guest post which was the most shared Copyblogger post in 2013)
- Post any questions or comments in the forums – you want to be ready to write your own opening paragraph tomorrow
Enchant readers. Woo customers. Win business.