Day 3 – Wednesday: Analyze an Opening Paragraph
When you read a blog post, do you skim to get the gist of the message?
Or do you study each blog post to learn what works and doesn’t work?
You can improve your writing faster by analyzing blog posts each day. For this week focus on analyzing opening paragraphs. Which opening paragraphs bore you? And which entice you to keep reading? And why is this the case?
Your action points for today:
- Choose an opening paragraph you’ve NOT written yourself
- Read the paragraph slowly a few times
- Describe what you like and don’t like about it
- Post the opening paragraph in the forum (or a link to it – whichever you find easier) and summarize your detailed findings
- Re-read the opening paragraph you wrote yesterday. See whether you need to tweak it a little more, and post it in the forums.
Enchant readers. Woo customers. Win business.