Home › Forums › Enchanting Business Blogging – Spring 2014 › Syllabus and Assignments › Module 9: How to Use the Persuasive Power of Metaphors › Reply To: Module 9: How to Use the Persuasive Power of Metaphors
Day 3 – Wednesday: Use a Metaphor in a blog post
Ready to create your own metaphor?
Your action points for today:
- Download your metaphor cheatsheet (see below)
- Find a point in your blog post that you want to stress, or an abstract concept or idea your reader might not understand
- Get away from your computer
- Choose a broad area to focus your creativity (parenting, sports, animals, hobbies, cooking are all great topics for metaphors)
- Play around to find connections
- Choose your favorite metaphor
- Write and edit the relevant section in your blog post and post it in the forums
If you get stuck, have another look at the video, the short examples from Monday, or post your questions in the forum. We’re only writing one short metaphor – not a whole post outline (that’s for tomorrow). Remember to relax and have fun.
Click here to download your cheat sheet for generating metaphors (opens a new tab)
Enchant readers. Woo customers. Win business.