Home › Forums › Test Drive I › Syllabus and Assignments › Module 5: How to Make Your Headlines More Seductive › Reply To: Module 5: How to Make Your Headlines More Seductive
Day 1: Monday – Learn the 4-Step Formula for Creating Headlines
In the first week of the course you learned to create how-to and list headlines. Now, you learn how to tickle your reader’s curiosity with a variety of templates. You can also apply what you’ve learned last week about sensory and emotional words.
Your action points for today:
- Watch the video below – it explains the 4-step formula, warns you for the dangers of using a headline template, and provides a checklist for good headlines
- Read the PDF with 7 Templates to Inspire Your Headlines
- Read the PDF Henrietta’s homework to learn how to play with different templates and words
- Decide for which blog post you’re going to write a headline. Think about your ideal reader, define the specific benefit of your blog post, and post it in the forum. (Don’t forget to start a new topic!)
- You don’t have to write your headline yet – that’s for tomorrow
Click here to download the transcript (opens a new tab)
Click here to download the slides (opens a new tab)
Right click (ctrl click on a Mac) and select save link as to download the MP3
Click here to download the 7 Templates to Inspire Your Headlines (opens a new tab)
Click here to download the PDF Henrietta’s homework (opens a new tab)
Enchant readers. Woo customers. Win business.