Day 1 – Monday: Understand what makes a sentence dull and difficult to read
Today you gain an overview of how to make drab content sparkle; and you learn how to assess the readability of your content.
Your action points for today
- Watch the video below (5min 40sec)
- Choose a draft blog post you want to work on this week
- Read the PDF How to Check Your Readability Stats
- Follow the instructions to check the readability stats for your chosen blog post
- Start a new topic [your name] module 3 in the forum and post your stats. The stats you want to post are: (a) average words per sentence and (b) percentage of passive sentences. If you like you can also post your scores for Flesch Reading Ease and Flesch-Kincaid grade level.
Click here to download the PDF How to Check Your Readability Stats (opens a new tab)
Enchant readers. Woo customers. Win business.